View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I love the ''Roy is better because he won a Cup at the expense of Brodeur!'' argument too. I will admit that was the worst series Martin Brodeur has ever played, and I've seen them all. It beats out the Rangers 08 series by a wide margin. I don't blame him for costing the team that series though at all. We got shutout by Roy twice, and the second time we had a chance to clinch the series at home, and lost 4-0. I think he let in more unscreened, undeflected point shots that series alone, than he did all of last season. And he let in quite a few of those last season.

I don't know if it was fatigue or what. I do remember he had a winning record vs Roy before that series. I think we played him two or three times after that before he hung them up, and were shut out maybe every time. Roy was in Marty's head after that series for sure, and always let in something he shouldn't have after that series when we played the Avs with Roy in net.
They never said any of that as far as I read, but like I said, they definitely analyzed the stats heavily. I'm just beginning to think they analyzed stats too much, especially for the older guys, and most probably had the "Brodeur was a product of the team/system in front of him." Most claim that Roy and Hasek were much better or just as good on far superior teams also, and that's somewhat justifiable.