View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:12 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Legend I had a longer response to the Rychel stuff but this site ate my post unfortunately.

In regards to contending next year. I am only interested in going for it if they win a bid for a Memorial Cup and that goes without saying. I just get the idea if they try and push a contending year next season they will stink in 2014/2015 with all those 19 year olds gone. If you don''t host the Memorial Cup use those 19 year olds as trade chips to rebuild the team and stock the cupboards. You can still have Maletta, Ho-Sang your compliment of top import picks from the 2013 draft, DeKort in net, Brown, Sanvido on D. I guarantee there would be no harsh feelings between Rychel and fellow GM's if Sieloff, Rychel, Vail, Ebert, Clarke, Marchese were all available. You get your draft pick situation right to get with having 1st rounders in 2014 and 2015 you won't be feeling the pinch as much in 2016. If you try and go for it next year you might be feeling the pinch until 2017.
Rayzor

I get what u are saying my feeling is that Windsor would not be strong in 14/15 if they are awarded the mem cup so i dont alot of difference going for it,as i project little separation between the top 4 or 5 teams
Knowing the OHL Windsor will get screwed again and wont get awarded the hosting gig
The fact Windsor has 1st rd picks in 14 and 15 makes me a have a little more confidence to go for it,getting 1 back from the punishment was huge,if the spits were to sign Schmaltz and Allen sure would give more confidence going beyond 2013/14
I am willing to see how things shake out for the balance of the season before deciding whether I really want to go for it
You make good pts,time will tell