View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
We do have elements of the trap, but every team does. A 1-2-2 is almost like the go-to system for any team, any team, player, or fan that says their team doesn't trap is lying through their teeth. They might not be as passive as other teams, but trapping a team in the neutral zone in a 1-2-2 format is essentially the trap.

The 1-2-2 format is essentially the easiest way to play defense in the NHL and the most effective. It's like the I formation of the NHL.
Well we aren't a defensive minded team now like we were with Lemaire, or Robinson, or Burns, or any of those 90s/early 00s teams. This is more of an offensive system.

One game I had to watch on the other teams feed. It was Panthers vs Devils, and my MSG feed was acting weird early in the game, so I had to watch their guys for at least the beginning of the game. It was Patty's 1000th. Before the game they had what one of their assistants said the key to beating New Jersey was, and it was something about breaking the trap.

Idiot you probably weren't here last year when Deboer was a coach with your team, but do your scouting a little better man. What are you getting paid for? The announcers too were saying it was a trap. They remember Deboer obviously. He wasn't trapping with Florida!