View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
I'm really not happy with our outfield at the moment. Having 2 holes in CF and LF makes me uneasy. I'm okay with a questionable 1B/2B platoon going on (I'm feeling good about Boni making a name for himself), but not with 4 key positions just up in the air (or filled with questionable players, like Rasmus, who sucks)
First, we don't know that Anthopolous is done yet, the offseason has only just begun, and so far only a couple of players have been signed anywhere in the leagues. Lots, and I mean LOTS of time for more things to happen.

Second, Bonifacio is a capable option in LF, not a question mark. If he's the best we've got come spring, we're still in good shape. No, he's not a power bat, but his speed and ability to get on base makes up for it as long as they have power elsewhere in the lineup. Defensively he's decent in the outfield - certainly good enough to play LF.

And Rasmus in CF is hardly a question mark. He's got great range and athleticism in the field, and while he sometimes takes odd routes to the ball, I feel his judgement is improving. His bat runs very hot/cold, but he's got decent power and he breaks up the righties. Put him in the bottom third of the order and he's just fine.