Old
11-14-2012, 09:37 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So? NO GUARANTEE still stands.

Yes you have, which is what sparked it all to begin with. Here's the quote:

So you see, you were speaking as if it was a certainty. After that you switched over to near-certainty or probability.

All I said was no lockout is guaranteed. I don't care if you think it's 99% sure there will be one, fact remains there's no guarantee.
A lot can happen over 5-6 years (if that's even the length of the next CBA), and if the supposed ruthless Fehr accepts a deal, then it'll be because he is satisfied. If he's forced into it and settles for less, I'm not sure he'll be rehired for the next convention and so, who knows. Really, there's really no way to know what's going to happen until then.
There are no guarantees in life Kriss. However, reasonable people make projections and live their lives where in a manner where they treat near-certainties as certainties and pay attention to odds.

The name of this board is hockeys future. The entire purpose is to estimate the future.

Did you have a preference between Obama and Romney? If so, why? There are "NO GUARANTEES".

The point here, is that a plan that solves none of the league's problems is more likely to lead to more lockouts than a plan that does solve many or all of the league's problems. I am not sure why you're disagreeing with this.

Definitely, I don't know if the odds of another lockout in the Bettman are 90% or 95%; I just know that it's very high, so I won't belabour the point by picking an artificial number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You said Kovalev, Hammer, Cole are guys that are/were underpaid because they gave a lot more to the team than the cash they ended up making. I disagree. I think those guys either more money than what they gave, or at the very peak, earned their contract.
Kovalev and Hammer took us deeper into the playoffs then we had any right to go, and they no doubt increased regular season TV ratings. Don't worry about George Gillette. He's fortunate to have spent money on those contracts. He's a much richer man for it, probably by a few tens of millions.

Look at Kovalev specifically. 19 million over 4 years for 260 points, between 2005-06 and 2008-09. Now look at the other people who produced comparable production in that time span, i.e. his peers, the people you should evaluate him by. I'm very confident that most of them were paid more than him. If he's paid less than his peers, than he is underpaid.