View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
A significant number of early-round draft picks in recent years have put the Chicago Blackhawks system among the deepest organizations in the league. Although there may not be much in the way of blue-chip talent, the system has multiple NHL-caliber prospects at each position and plenty of players competing at the AHL level.

The strengths of the system are undoubtedly at center and on defense, positions on which the Blackhawks have put a premium at the draft and in their development process. The center prospects in the ‘Hawks system include four first-round picks, which should in time help the big club address one of the most pivotal weaknesses.… read more

More...
On defense? not sure if serious. we really don't...at all.

our blue chip is fine - no worse than other "good prospect" teams. we have teravainen - who, admittedly, is a couple of years away - but his offensive upside if he pans out is amongst the top in the '12 draft. saad also has a high ceiling.

eta:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Was thinking the same thing. We've got a whole bunch of bottom pairing depth if that.
pretty much. i'm probably a bit more optimistic than you (meaning, just *optimism* at this stage) - but even my optimism leads me to a number #4 guy.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote