View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Gundee1114

vCash: 500
If you had complete control, where would you relocate/expand? (or contract?)

I was talking with a buddy about the subject, and I thought it'd be an interesting topic. Personally, I'm for an expansion to 32 teams, just makes a lot of sense to me. And contraction to me is just not a positive outcome at all. But what I was talking about most with my buddy was just relocation, keeping the 30 teams, 2 conferences, 6 divisions approach.

What I would do, if given complete control over the process, would be moving the Coyotes to Quebec, the Panthers to the Toronto/Markham area, the Lightning to Seattle, and the Blue Jackets to Milwaukee. Phoenix is always in these rumors anyway, and the Seattle Thunder just sounds cool to me. No real explanation for the other two, other than I just picked Florida and Columbus, and I'd like to see Milwaukee have a team. After Seattle Thunder and Quebec Nordiques, not sure what I would name the other two.

Divisions and Conferences would look something like this, but may change, especially after some other input

Western Conference
Pacific - Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Seattle, Vancouver
Central - Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, Winnipeg
Midwest - Chicago, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis

Eastern Conference
Northeast - Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, Toronto, Toronto2
Atlantic - Boston, Montreal, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Quebec
Southeast - Carolina, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington

Divisions could use different names maybe? Dallas and Minnesota are interchangeable to me in the West. The East is where it got tougher. I tried to keep most rivalries intact, unfortunately felt like I needed to move New Jersey away from the Rangers to keep the Boston-Montreal one.

Anyways, that's my idea, I'd definitely like to hear more ideas from you guys.