View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
This is a load of **** though. Those fans will be back as soon as the lockout is over, they're just frustrated at the way its going now. It is frustrating, however, anyone that walks away because of it (a real fan beforehand not a casual one), isn't a real fan.

I'm sick of the lockout but I'll be back when it starts again because I love hockey. A real fan wouldn't not watch the sport ever again because of this.
It's not a question of watching, it's about spending money on the sport. I am a season ticket holder--if I decide to drop my season tickets because the price keeps going up when owners have lower costs (assuming they are successful in reducing their cost in the next CBA), but keep watching on TV do you consider me someone who has walked away from the sport?

Most hockey revenue is collected from fans who pay for the tickets. It seems to me that you suggesting that anyone who chooses not to spend their money on a sport that has had 3 lockouts in order to "control costs" is not "real" fan. Was that your intention?