View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Tyrolean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
LOL, just so long as you don't take it personally!
I'll bet you're just pissed because, like me, you thought this would be over a long time ago and you're wrong.
As the recipient of a brand new franchise in Winnipeg, it's not about these players or this year for me. They want to sit out, fine with me, so long as the league emerges strong and my team is playing on an even ice surface.
Where I went wrong was in predicting that rationality or greed or any of the motivations that make normal human beings make the right economic decisions would prevail. They haven't, which by itself proves the point that the players make way too much money. It just doesn't matter to them any more, so they make crazy choices and make the rest of us prognosticators look bad. Crosby and his ilk are the worst of the bunch. I actually do not hate them, but they are so out of touch with reality, so convinced of their role as leaders and winners in this game, so under the spell of Fehr and so oblivious to the wise counsel of older, former players who've been through this, that they can't see what they are throwing away.
It's not money I'm referring to, it's that magical, physical gift that is slipping away by the day and will never come back. Some, maybe most of 'em won't miss the money, but, man will they miss the talent when it melts away.
There is an alternative and though the money may not be the same, it will be decent for the star players.

The KHL is more than wiling to take our very best players if there is no NHL.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote