View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 11:28 PM
topched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
It's not remotely a tough choice, in that Hamilton will demand far more in term and salary than the Jays are going to be willing to agree to, and Cabrera's limited window of good production came conspicuously in the 18 months before he got nailed for PEDs.

The answer is, neither guy is a good fit for the Jays. If you want to spend in LF, you try for Pagan, Victorino, Ross... or you look to shake a heavier bat loose with Arencibia. But it's nothing you *have* to do now, you can wait for a mid-season trade if necessary.
I'm pretty convinced that LF is not going to be addressed whatsoever this offseason.

I think the next move is a LH bat that can play 1st/DH... and that may be it. If this bat can play a corner OF position than its just gravy.

With this payroll the Jays are primed to insert a couple of rookies/young players into the lineup over the next year. I think Gose and D'Arnaud will both be Blue Jays by September. They should be able to continue on their curve and earn regular roles as well as being cost effective options

Obviously a ton can happen... but I think this is the "longterm" aka half a year down the road outlook:

SS Jose Reyes
2B Emilio Bonifacio
RF Jose Bautista
DH Edwin Encarnacion
1B
3B Brett Lawrie
CF Colby Rasmus
C T. D'Arnaud
LF A. Gose

Bench:
Izturis
Davis