View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 11:28 PM
ESunlin

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
From 17 to 24, I probably drove drunk/buzzed about 25 times.
Never came close to an accident. I was one of those guys who understood he drank too much and was uber careful.
Probably went way too slow, which is dangerous in its own right.

A few weeks ago, I was looking at my GPS trying to find something. suddenly everyone in front of me stopped while my attention was elsewhere and I had to brake like a mofo to avoid an accident.
The other day at work, I had a guy blow a .34 and appeared perfectly normal. Guess what? He wasn't. I take a million mugshots on drunks every day. 90% just look a little rough around the edges, but trust me when I say they aren't okay.

Last night, a drunk driver here hit a car and killed a 24 year old woman, a 4 year old girl, and a 2 year old girl. I sat at work and listened to dispatch, and the EMS try to save them. This accident took place in the middle of nowhere.

Riley was in the middle of a metropolitan area and blew twice the normal limit. No offense, but your argument is completely offensive. Drinking under the age limit? Fine. Everyone does it. Driving while drunk? Completely irresponsible and I see the consequences every time I come into work. There are NO excuses for it. All day long, I have no been able to get the voices of the EMTs and the pictures of these two little girls out of my head. All because an idiot thought he could drive after he had been drinking.

Explain to me how that is okay. There is not one thing you can say to validate his behavior. Honestly, I wish they could post no bond on him. He obviously hasn't learned from his mistakes, maybe sitting in a cell would give him time to think before he ruins someone's life.

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote