View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 11:38 PM
mossey3535

vCash: 500
Look, as a player there are certain 'unspoken rules' that are best left untouched.

This whole idea of players having a say in franchise business....these are people who don't even want to get involved in their own union. They hire other people to handle things that aren't hockey-related for them. As a hockey player, why would I want to even have the additional hassle of thinking about this? Personally I wouldn't mind but the vast majority of the league's players couldn't give two you-know-whats.

Owners own, players play. If you know any hockey players, you know why that saying is the status quo in the league. The only time it's even in question is every 6-odd years when a CBA comes up for negotiation. And to be honest, it's only a question then because the NHLPA has had dysfunctional leadership since the first Goodenow era (who can deny BG did a great job up until 2004?).

I always think it's funny that people say the NHLPA should have a say in league matters when most of the players themselves wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Last edited by mossey3535: 11-14-2012 at 11:44 PM.