View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Scurr
Bear G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
But what do you say when the guys who are giving up sharing handcuff the guys who receive it through draconian expansion draft rules?
I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Quote:
Teams that don't offer advice on arena lease arrangements? Teams that haven't prepped the next group of GMs and HCs? A lot of franchise operations do offer advice and either control or oversee lease arrangements. It's like saying "we'll tie your hands behind your back and then complain when it doesn't work". It's a minor miracle that some teams have thrived.
If I bought a Tim Horton's franchise I would take it upon myself to sign a good lease and hire good people. I would probably make sure I could do both before buying a franchise. I don't think other franchise owners would be willing to cut me a cheque if I signed a bad lease or hired poorly.

Quote:
And better yet, negotiate a CBA that requires that a team may overspend its means so that the wealthy teams can pocket even more profits. That is called robbing from the poor to pay the rich.
The NHL has way more poor teams than rich if you believe their numbers, how did those teams let that happen? Poor business decision.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote