Old
11-15-2012, 12:47 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Pagan and Victorino will likely get some good money and they will most likely sign to play CF.

I think Melky Cabrera makes a lot of sense for the Jays. Maybe the PED's really helped him but its no sure thing he was using it in 2011. Had some decent years with the Yankees too as a pretty young player. I'd take a gamble on him at a reasonable 1 year deal. I doubt teams are lining up to give him multiple years + good money -- most likely will settle for a 1 year deal and try to re-establish value.
really he didn't.

From 2006 to 2010, his average season was 142 games (528 PAs) hitting .267/.329/.709 with 8 homers and a WAR hovering around 0

With the Yankees he was basically a replacement level player thrust into regular duty because they didnt have anything better to offer at the time.

if he wants a cheap 1-year to prove that his 11 and 12 stats weren't a fluke, fine. But he doesn't have any track record prior to 2011 that says he's worth full-time starter money.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 45 GP, 17-21-7 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.