View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Busts in the sense that you are insinuating that their development has stagnated based on 12 AHL games. Hall and Eberle have only played 2 NHL seasons and RNH 1, there will still be some bumps in the road before they take off. I think that you're expecting too much from them too soon.
No, on the basis of what I've noted of Nelsons body of work this year, and last, these players are being warehoused for the year and not learning a damned thing. Not being challenged, not being made to be interested.
Their performance, demeanor, when they show up, suggests boredom more than anything else.
If the coach was truly offering up enthralling learning opportunities they'd be captivated in how to springboard that into being better players. For instance how Baertshi and Horak are buying in in Abbotsford. Show young people a knowledgeable mentor that they can learn a lot from and I suspect they jump at the opportunity. Especially these Oiler kids, these are good kids.

I'm not seeing the best hockey from these young Oilers right now, I'm seeing their worst. That as I mention is cause for concern over 13 games.

Hall is excluded from that obviously because he hasn't played many games and is still feeling his way.