View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:53 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
No better than the 17th or 18th best player from existing teams. Something like the reserve forward or 7th dman.

If I bought a Tim Horton's franchise I would take it upon myself to sign a good lease and hire good people. I would probably make sure I could do both before buying a franchise. I don't think other franchise owners would be willing to cut me a cheque if I signed a bad lease or hired poorly.

Doesn't happen in a lot of US franchise operations. Head offices walk in and will actually demand that you run your business a certain way. Mainly because the new owner such as yourself probably doesn't have a clue. Personally I will go with experience on how to run a successful business meaning the franchisor.

The NHL has way more poor teams than rich if you believe their numbers, how did those teams let that happen? Poor business decision.
This last part was negotiated in the last CBA. Part of it was at the NHLPA's insistence. The owners did not set up the system in vacuum to ONLY their set of specifications. They took the best available to get hockey back on the ice. The 5% inflator, cap floor and rev sharing were at the insistence of the PA. All 3 of those work against low rev teams who did not sign up for the system when purchasing the team initially.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote