View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
No, on the basis of what I've noted of Nelsons body of work this year, and last, these players are being warehoused for the year and not learning a damned thing. Not being challenged, not being made to be interested.
Their performance, demeanor, when they show up, suggests boredom more than anything else.
If the coach was truly offering up enthralling learning opportunities they'd be captivated in how to springboard that into being better players. For instance how Baertshi and Horak are buying in in Abbotsford. Show young people a knowledgeable mentor that they can learn a lot from and I suspect they jump at the opportunity. Especially these Oiler kids, these are good kids.

I'm not seeing the best hockey from these young Oilers right now, I'm seeing their worst. That as I mention is cause for concern over 13 games.

Hall is excluded from that obviously because he hasn't played many games and is still feeling his way.
We are going to agree to disagree on Nelson so no use going down that road again.
I will say that RNH and Eberle putting in a half ass effort is more on them than the coach. If you look around the league, a lot of these NHLers aren't really lighting the league up. Look at the NHLers in the KHL as well. It's hard for them to get up for these games game in and game out after coming from a much more competitive league. There's not much for them to prove in this league.