View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:07 AM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Well when discussing a player's long-term impact to a team, making the team more desirable to UFAs or to players who's contracts are running out constitutes a major part of that.

If you want to ignore most of the benefits Luongo brings to the Leafs(filling the biggest hole on the roster, signed at a decent cap hit, helps reverse the losing trend set since the last lockout, helps attract free agents and prevent players from walking, etc.) then it's reasonable to assume the Leafs won't give up more than a couple of B assets and a cap dump. But I doubt Burke and Gillis feel the same way.
You really should get off your high horse. You have no idea what Burke intends to do, nor do you know what every upocoming Leaf UFA is going to do either. Your assuming way too much.

Here, let me try.

You guys keep Luongo, he becomes a cancer in the dressing room. The Canucks due to their locker room issues fail to miss the playoffs, and all their players demand they want a trade the heck out of there as management didn't do anything to prevent ot help. That sound about right. That's what I believe would happen. So you guys better trade Luongo to us. You better. It's for your teams good.

Of course I don't truly believe that, I'm just trying to show you how silly you sound with all your "predicting". Please, don't do us any favors, we're good.