View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
If I've asked anything of you, it's that you understand, if not agree with the perspective that adjusted stats are an improvement over raw data, because they provide more information while maintaining the same essential in-season rankings and proportions (the latter esp. if done "simply" and properly).
And...as I have informed you countless times now, I do NOT accept AS's as a replacement for raw stats and never will.
I use them BOTH and will continue to use them BOTH.
I don't think the Raw numbers are right but I also don't think the AS's numbers are right either. I believe the real answer is somewhere between the two, it's just a matter of which way to lean, which stat gets more weight in each comparison.
The weights do not remain constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Fyffe View Post
"Verifying" adjusted stats makes no sense. It's not a hypothesis or a theory, it's a straightforward mathematical adjustment.
Ahh yes, the math isn't flawed, just the assumption that all players are equal and all players are affected equally in different scoring environments that is.

Quote:
Saying that players of a certain tier are affected differently by scoring changes than others needs to be verified. Dividing by 6.5 and then multiplying by 6.2 does not.
No, sorry, it has already been presented, proven and verified in the link I supplied earlier to Overpass's study.
That's not the issue, the issue is that no one has figured out exactly how to incorporate it globally yet.
Just like what I said earlier about DPE inflation of value. Most rational people know it's there and there is info to back it up. It has been verified. It's not a matter of whether there is weight to it or not, there is. It's a matter of how much weight it should have.

All of which is missing(among other factors) when someone decides they are going to spout Adjusted Stats at face value as a final answer.

Last edited by Rhiessan71: 11-15-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote