Thread: Proposal: Hemsky has his value gone up?
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 01:00 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
The point I was trying to get across is that those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks. No one cares about first round exits, over half the teams in the league get in. The only team prizes worth mentioning are conference banners and cups, and the Habs havent touched either for 20 years. Some fans (read: the poster I quoted) take every shot they can at the Oilers, and really shouldnt be doing so considered that their team is a mess as well.

Also, sure, it may be an anomaly to finish 3rd overall. That said, you're splitting hairs if you're distiguishing much between "we sucked so bad we finished in the lottery" and "we sucked so bad we finished in the bottom 10". There really isnt much of a difference.

Back on topic. Hemsky has to show he can still play at a high level in the NHL before he will be worth what a player of his skill should be worth. He's still an excellent player, and I think actually playing with some other skilled forwards while being healthy will bring out the best in him.
Well habs made the playoffs with the same team before and the conference finals with a similar line-up.

Habs don't hang up division or conference titles actually. Adding 'conference titles' to give an edge to edmonton is kind of embarrassing.

From what I see you got offended by a fact. Hemsky has been less than healthy the last few years and habs aren't in a position to pay any sort of premium for him.

As for Hemsky, he's worth as much as a guy who is talented as him but as injured as him is worth. He's gotta play to have his top value. If he was healthy he's worth every penny, but he's not always healthy unfortunately.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote