View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 01:22 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
My completely unscientific read on Yakupov is that he likely suffered some sort of injury in the first period when he got sandwiched and his skate went up and hit the glass, because he really wasn't on the ice very much after that. I mean, there were some long stretches where he wasn't on the ice.

BTW, Sportsnet coverage is awful. I understand Morgan Rielly is a good player, but the way they kept harping on him all night, the poor kid is gonna bust so bad if he isn't the next Brian Leetch. There were plays where he literally did nothing, and the announcers were so busy talking about how good he was, that they were neglecting the great play of some other players.

I really thought Hunter Shinkaruk was the best player in the game, taking the puck hard to the net, making great passes, hitting, coming back to help out. Then he scored that key first goal in the shoot-out that got the crowd out of their seats.

Also, who here is sick of that Shreddies commercial: "Honey, honey, you're so sweet, you know I love you head to feet!" I'm pretty sure it runs on an endless loop in hell. Good God!
They pick a kid every game and do this. Seems to me they single out someone playing well in the first 10 minutes and use the rest of the game to pump his tires.

Game 1 it was Grigorenko, Game 2; MacKinnon, Game 3; Ritchie, Game 4; Wilson, Game 5; Rielly, Game 6; ???

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote