Old
11-15-2012, 01:54 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllByDesign View Post
Just a quick observation here, folks.

I have notices many statements regarding the efforts of council pushing a new lease deal before the newly elected members can have their say.

I can't agree with this. I understand the logic. I really do. I see a different picture, though.

The current council was elected to serve their full term. This doesn't mean that they pack their bags if not re-elected. They finish the job they started.

Regardless of how misguided we may feel current council is, it would be un-ethical to pack it in, and wait for the new council to come aboard in 2013 to deal with today's business.

I'm not a Clark fan, but it is her job to try and clean up as much old business as possible before the new blood comes in.

My opinion may not be popular, but it isn't off point.

Your right, the current city council has every right to vote on any city matter before them except this isn't like a decision to build a new library or fire the dog catcher, what is before them is the biggest decision Glendale will face since building the stadium and arena. This late into their term and with new council members and a new mayor coming into office in less than two months you would think this decision would be postponed.