View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Wingsfan2965*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I can't wait to see all these stud Detroit prospects in the future. So far I've seen these comparisons:

Brendan Smith=Nicklas Lidstrom(with more physical play)
Gustav Nyquist=Pavel Datsyuk
Calle Jarnkrok=Henrik Zetterberg
Ryan Sproul=Shea Weber
Xavier Oullette=Ryan Suter
Teemu Pulkkinen=Brett Hull
Riley Sheahan=Johan Franzen/Ryan Kesler (late bloomer..just wait!)
Marek Tvrdon=Marian Hossa
Tomas Jurco=Pavel Datsyuk/Marian Hossa combo
Martin Frk=Teemu Pulkkinen=Brett Hull
Petr Mrazek=Dominik Hasek/Ed Belfour
Nick Jensen=Brendan Smith=Nicklas Lidstrom
Louis-Marc Aubry=Paul Gaustad/Martin Hanzal
Mitch Callahan=Chris Neil
Andreas Athanasiou=Darren Helm
Rasmus Brodin=the potential to be something we've yet to see in the NHL...best player of all time?
I don't know what's more sad, the fact that you're taking some of these seriously or that you're so angry about it.

Smith = Lidstrom is foolish, although I think wherever you heard that, you took it way too literally. Whoever had said it likely meant that Smith would be the next #1 D-Man in Detroit (I still think Kronwall is good enough), and that's not really a stretch if offense first D-men like Green and Yandle and Letang can be considered such.

Nyquist is Nyquist. Again, pretty sure you're taking this way too literally. They have the same playing style, which is likely what was being referred to. Will he be as good as Datsyuk? Super safe bet that he wont be, (Like 99% of the other prospects) but you'd also be a fool to bet against him being a damn good player in the future.

Sproul as Weber is a good LOL. Pretty sure I remember that thread, and I remember everybody ripping on the guy that made that comparison.

Ouellet is developing quite well. Suter? Well, let's see how good Suter himself is without Weber. Anyways, MacKenzie has a hard on for Ouellet, and with the way he's going, he could turn out to be one of the better picks in that entire draft.

I've only ever seen Pulkkinen compared to Hull in the sense that he had the same time of booming shot. I personally think he's not going to amount to much, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Sheahan: Stop taking HTT3's posts seriously. At VERY best he could be a 2nd liner. Safer bet is 3rd/4th line guy.

Jurco and Jarnkrok were getting comparisons to Datsyuk/Hossa and Zetterberg before Detroit even drafted them.

Mrazek had the rocket of success shoved up his ass it seems. Nobody's derailed his momentum yet. I think he's got the potential to be a star goalie, but as I said in his thread a few days ago, he thrives on confidence. Confidence is a dangerous thing to be built on, because if you lose it, you could slump for a long time.

Dunno enough about the rest and haven't even ever seen those comparisons made. As I said though, I think you take them far too literally, (or just listen to the opinions of foolish people) as most were likely just more comparisons to playing styles.

EDIT: And I will say that Bodin is a famous 7th round Hakan pick that nobody ever head of and has suddenly become a name. May never hit the NHL, but Hakan does have two names that basically write his whole resume and went by nearly that exact same transcript.

Three if you count the fact that Vancouver basically picked Edler because they knew Hakan liked him.