View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:19 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Marincin has higher upside. Heck, he even outscored Danault in their draft years as a defenseman! Also, he's 6'5".

Danault has pretty mediocre stats in the QMJHL and doesn't really have the size you'd want in a 2nd/3rd line center who doesn't score much.

Marincin's value > Danault's. Just my opinion. Your last line makes it seem like you don't know the prospects in question.
He did not outscore Danult in their draft year 67 points to 57 points.

Danault is 6'0" and could easily play at 200lbs, he is already 190lbs. He has been over a point a game for three straight seasons now all while being a captain. Guy plays the game hard every night and was one of Canada's best forwards in the Summer super series against Russia. He also won the best defensive forward in the Q and has a very strong two way game.

Marincin is a good player but he is an offensive player. Do I really think he puts Leddy in danger in that role? Chicago is pretty set in the top 4, not exactly old. They have a big D-man in Olsen that is plenty good and more stay at home which matches better with Leddy long haul. Stephen Johns is also a massive kid with good potential. They have been searching for more guys to work out down the middle. Maybe Kruger or Pirri steps up for that. Maybe Danault pans out there. If I am Chicago I am more interested in Danault.

To say nothing of I know both prospects and that I do infact like Danault quite a bit more. I like the game he plays and I like his leadership makeup.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote