View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Whydidijoin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I'm not saying the players shouldn't reduce their percentage, I'm saying the league should also take ownership of its part in the leagues failure.
You have still yet to point out these failures. They grew to 30 teams, they increased revenue substantially, they got a tv contract signed.

Certain teams being bad a lot is not a failure by the league. It is something that comes along with a league.

But the league is paying its part. And it's making a hell of a lot less than the players already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
So its just bad luck that the same teams are terrible all the time? And the ones that are good are just lucky? Disagree.
No, teams that come into existence often go through an adjustment period. That's perfectly normal. And I didn't say it was all luck, but chance does play a big role. Also, they are not lucky they are good, they are good because they got lucky. There is a difference.

If you hadn't noticed, a lot of hockey is luck. We as humans can't evaluate others and hockey skills at a detailed enough level to have it not be.

Sometimes bad GM decisions play into teams being bad as well, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad GM.

As they say in the new movie Wreck It Ralph, "you may be bad guy, but that doesn't mean you are a bad guy".

And the occasional bad GM is not something that can be foreseen or helped, so it is not on the league.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote