Old
11-15-2012, 07:14 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
You'd need better arguments then that.

MacKinnon and RNH were both 17 when they were passed over. Seguin was in the NHL in 11, and again, he was 17 in 2010 I believe.

In order for those guys to play at such a young age, they'd need to get sheltered top-six minutes in order to use the offensive side of their game. Canada has a lot of players that were able to take their place, some of which were an entire year or two older and stronger. They wouldn't be doing any good in the bottom six at such a young age, the only good is their offensive ability.
Age doesn't matter. Skill does. I don't need a better argument unless you think Eric Boulton is better than Adam Henrique because he's older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Well, I`d certainly pick McDavid (despite his age) soon if I was them. And no, I don`t think that McKinnon was ready for the 2012 WJC.

Seguin and RNH is a different story though.

Water is wet.

Look at your senior team, sometimes it simply doesn`t matter how much talent you send there.

I can`t disagree with anything you said, yet, I simply can`t say that the lack of high-end talent was their Achilles heel.
I never said that's WHY they lost.

"They've snubbed people and gone off the board before, but it's not like it has paid off recently"

What is the issue here? "Water is wet" no **** that's because my original statement was supposed to be obvious too but someone didn't get it did they?