View Single Post
11-15-2012, 08:51 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by AllByDesign View Post
Just a quick observation here, folks.

I have notices many statements regarding the efforts of council pushing a new lease deal before the newly elected members can have their say.

I can't agree with this. I understand the logic. I really do. I see a different picture, though.

The current council was elected to serve their full term. This doesn't mean that they pack their bags if not re-elected. They finish the job they started.

Regardless of how misguided we may feel current council is, it would be un-ethical to pack it in, and wait for the new council to come aboard in 2013 to deal with today's business.

I'm not a Clark fan, but it is her job to try and clean up as much old business as possible before the new blood comes in.

My opinion may not be popular, but it isn't off point.
You are absolutely correct. The current council has the right to continue to do their business as they see fit until the end of their terms.

The only issue here is that the vote to give Jamison $320M is such a large decision that will affect Glendale for the next 20 years, that the incoming council would like the current council hold off, so the new council isn't burdened with cleaning up what they see as a disaster if the lease gets approved as is. In fact the new council might also vote YES to giving Jamison a lease, but maybe they want to rework it even more.

One has to wonder, why is Clark etc. in such a rush to pass by vote the Jamison lease? If this lease is the right thing to do for the CoG why not wait? If its a good thing the new council should also pass it or is it because they know the new council will vote NO to it because it's not a good thing.

This is no longer about whats good for the CoG, its about certain people wanting to leave their mark.

Last edited by cbcwpg: 11-15-2012 at 09:02 AM.