View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I simply do not agree. Sometimes players take "standing up for your team mates" too far, starting scrums over very minor hits, and I agree that those fights/scrums can interrupt the flow of the game a bit. However, when someone hospitalizes your team mate with an absolutely massive hit, fighting is IMO the right response, even when no penalty is called on the hit.
NHockey players do not have x-ray vision. Nobody knew that Geoffrion was going to the hospital when he got hit. Even so, the hit isn't what hospitalized him, it was the landing - and that scrum would have occurred whether or not he took a skate to the face on the way down.

The end result doesn't justify the scrum, because the scrum would have happened whether he went to the hospital or if he went to the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Definition of cowardly - lacking courage; ignobly timid and faint-hearted

You used the wrong adjective mate.
It takes more courage to swallow your emotions in the heat of the moment and pick the right time and place to retaliate then it does to throw down with the nearest opposite-coloured sweater, just because you see one of your own on the ice.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote