View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
im not confused at all. what do you think the guaranteed money the PA seeks means? a de-linked salary cap.
That is what many believes, but Brooks is quoting a source denying it, but, and without having followed this so closely, I under stand Daly is also reporting.

Think of it like this. With 50/50 the players will get X when everything is said and done.

To be paid in full, under the condition 82 games is played, you will need Y amount more money than X. To put any numbers on the table -- the PA needs to assume a Y. Brooks is referring to a source who says that the PA has not demanded a set amount for Y for next season.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...fgPLGAnT5fPrJN
Quote:
* Allow me to apologize for passing along misinformation on my @NYP_Brooksie Twitter account on Friday that the NHLPA had proposed the players be paid their full salaries for this season. Not so.

There was much confusion into the night on this one, but the true story is the union was basing its revenue projections off a hypothetical full 2012-13 and not a hard-dollars share for this year. Indeed, the PA expects pay to be prorated for this season.

I choose to believe that my original sources made a mistake and were not intentionally attempting to deceive, but the mistake was mine in forwarding the reports absent confirmation.
If Brooks source is credible, its extremely obvious that the PA wants the following. Lets say that 50% of HRR gives the PA 1.5b and that all contracts amounts to 1.7b if a full season is played. The players would want 1.5b and 200m in make whole. If 50% of revenues is lost this season due to half the season being lost, the PA would want 0,75b and 100m in make whole. Its i) ridiculous to believe that the PA even would try to get 1.5b + 200m even if half of revenues was lost (I recon it could bankrupt half the league) and ii) Brooks is also citing a source saying that not to be true.

Still, there is a ton of reports and people who seem to believe that the players want to get paid in full because -- as I understand it -- Daly twisted something to almost sound like it. It just shows the media climate the PA is working on. Imagine if Fehr would step out of a meeting and say hey the owners are offering us 25%, and it turned out not the be true. He would be eaten alive...