View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
pinkfloyd44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Drove to Sudbury last night to witness this team's current demise. Such a disappointment after spirits were so positive at training camp after coming back from a championship victory in Russia. Team needs to regroup and not sure if Cull is the guy for the job. Word on the street is that he depends too much on his veterans and just bashes on the rookies or younger player. What this team needs is a new regime much like the Soo (New GM) who will try to rebuild the program and start from the bottom up. Not an easy job for the Wolves as their draft pick have been horrible the last few years (have a look at their first five picks and compare them with what was available especially in the first three rounds, in fact most of their first 5 rounds were not even part of Central scouting top 100, I don't even think any of them made the top 50), furthermore the 97 crop not looking too promising so can't look to the 2013 draft for salvation. In fact what they should condider is trading their top guys this year for 96-95 draftees from teams currently looking at making a run for it after Christmas. Should they do so, they need to play these youngers boys to better help them develop and get ready to contribute next year...just my opinion.

As to the issue with C.B. he saw limited ice yesterday so can't put the entire blame on him, eventhough I am sure this may be having a negative impact in dressing room. This being said I don't believe he took any one spot as I think they are currently carrying 1 extra forward, even if they are not there really was no one at camp that would have changed things significantly. Not a fan on what they did with Vilardy but this being said he likely should not have been signed anyway, was only signed so signing owners kid (drafted after him) early would not be too controversial. Vilardy will only benefit from 1 year a Junior A and even at that still leaves question mark as he did not have a strong rookie camp or main camp, even he would admit to this.

Let us hope the new rivalry between North Bay and Sudbury will stir some moves as to not get humiliated by a smaller community only 1.5 hours away.

The thing with Vilardi is that he has proven he can contribute anywhere he has played. Last year he led all OMHA in scoring with 36 G - 24A in 35 games. Even when he got called up last year to Junior A, he was over a point a game player. I know there are more tangibles to the game, than just scoring and I think this year you will notice his point production has dropped, but he is still top 5 in team scoring as a rookie and he is improving other aspects to his game and he he is not always thinking offense first. I think in the future he can be a big contributor to the club. But if the rumors are true that he is unhappy with Sudbury, that may be a blow as he could potentially be a solid part for building to the future.