Thread: Rosters and Ratings: NHL 13 player growth
View Single Post
11-15-2012, 10:03 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
One of my players with 3.5 stars was a 4th liner 79 overall at age 23. 4 seasons later, still 79 overall every season on the 4th line, I finally give up on him at the age of 27. Hes a scratch the entire season and plays 0 games. He jumps from 79 to 81 and is now a 3rd liner. Also the player that took his spot dropped from 79 to 77 overall.

If the players stats are bad, it can negate any progression that they made. I.e., if they're a TWF that finishes with 10 points and a -32, having a season where they finish with 0's across the board might be better for their overall rating.

I had a 4 yellow star powerforward RW that led the team 60 points in his first AHL season at 19 years old. He only jumped 4 points from a 63 to a 67. However, that year the team finished below .500 and his +/- was -34. Not a single player on the team was a plus. The next year I invested some more money in that team and brought in a reliable goalie, better depth forwards, and strengthened the D. He put up 62 points, but the team made it to the conference semi-finals and he was a +12. He jumped to a 78.

Morale has a huge impact on player development.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote