View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
One of my players with 3.5 stars was a 4th liner 79 overall at age 23. 4 seasons later, still 79 overall every season on the 4th line, I finally give up on him at the age of 27. Hes a scratch the entire season and plays 0 games. He jumps from 79 to 81 and is now a 3rd liner. Also the player that took his spot dropped from 79 to 77 overall.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
If the players stats are bad, it can negate any progression that they made. I.e., if they're a TWF that finishes with 10 points and a -32, having a season where they finish with 0's across the board might be better for their overall rating.

I had a 4 yellow star powerforward RW that led the team 60 points in his first AHL season at 19 years old. He only jumped 4 points from a 63 to a 67. However, that year the team finished below .500 and his +/- was -34. Not a single player on the team was a plus. The next year I invested some more money in that team and brought in a reliable goalie, better depth forwards, and strengthened the D. He put up 62 points, but the team made it to the conference semi-finals and he was a +12. He jumped to a 78.

Morale has a huge impact on player development.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote