View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Arsenault

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan32 View Post
The thing with Vilardi is that he has proven he can contribute anywhere he has played. Last year he led all OMHA in scoring with 36 G - 24A in 35 games. Even when he got called up last year to Junior A, he was over a point a game player. I know there are more tangibles to the game, than just scoring and I think this year you will notice his point production has dropped, but he is still top 5 in team scoring as a rookie and he is improving other aspects to his game and he he is not always thinking offense first. I think in the future he can be a big contributor to the club. But if the rumors are true that he is unhappy with Sudbury, that may be a blow as he could potentially be a solid part for building to the future.
Fully agree, Valardi could play a role in the success of this franchise assuming he addresses some part of his game, which Tier 1 should help him out this year. My point was that this C.B. for Valardi debate is mute as Sudbury's problem are are deeper than this. Valardi will be a good player eventually and so will Cummings, Dehann, Baptiste, Harris and maybe even Burgess, but they were not the best players available in the first three rounds and are unlikely to become marquee players in the league, which is what Sudbury has missed on for the last 3-4 years.