View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 09:24 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Greetings Nucks fans!

Curious Coyotes fan coming in peace, here.

It was pretty well reported that Vancouver was Shane Doan's second choice behind Phoenix during his free agency. As we all know, he elected to stay home in the Valley.

Since that time the political climate in Glendale has changed fairly significantly and hope for an agreement with our latest potential owner and the City of Glendale is pretty slight. I won't bore you with the details, but there are several enormous hurdles yet to be cleared and soon the will need to be cleared in an extremely hostile environment and without further rent payments made to the NHL. In short: I expect the Coyotes will be relocated. Given the progress made in Quebec, I expect QC will get the team, rather than Seattle who is at least a year behind.

I don't expect Shane Doan will be willing to move to Quebec. I do expect there are three or four other teams he would be willing to move to. Teams like Dallas, Los Angeles, San Jose, and of course..........Vancouver.

Do you guys guess that there would still be interest in Doan, given the way his contract is structured?

If so, what do you think the Canucks would be willing to give up in a trade?

Thanks.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote