View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its not the passengers job to recognize the safety concerns and ensure her own safety in this instance. its up to the airline that served her scalding hot water in an uncontrolled environment.
It's always our job to recognize safety concerns. When you're climbing up a mountain do you need a reminder that some rocks may be lose? Or when you're looking over the edge of a cliff do you need a reminder or need a fence in front of you to keep you from falling?

As you alluded to above that's what I was getting at earlier, it's so ******* cramped on a plane that the last thing I would do is order a hot beverage, hell the turbulance alone is one reason I wouldn't. Having a lid or not the liquid is at some point exposed to possibly causing an accident.

Quote:
If a drunk waitress in a restaurant stumbled, and scalding hot water landed on a customer would there be any questioning who is at fault?
I don't recall this case having a drunk waitress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
One of my best friends growing up had a small pot of boiling scalding water accidentally fall on him as a 3 yr old. Probably about a litre. He had burns all over his body. He still does.
It doesn't take a lot of scalding water to produce scars, burns, lesions. Its more how hot the water is and the scalding can take place in an instant. The injury in many cases being longterm.

Just as an unpleasant reminder if any guy had scalding water thrown on their lap I imagine there'd be some severe pain...
This is a whole liter scalding a 3yo. Not 150ml scalding your lap of an adult. Let's at least compare apples to apples. No doubt scalding water can burn you I mean it's hot afterall, however I don't need a sign on my stove to tell me to handle it with care when in use.