View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Macman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
He was expected to take on the role of leader, with everyone else stepping aside when he was on the ice. From my eyes, he has been a complete failure in every facet of hockey in this series. He has been selfish, a showboat with no recognition that there are other players out there with him. He has been blind to the notion that if he is drawing a crowd, that must mean other people are wide open. He has been a detriment to Russia, not an asset. I'm wondering whether Edmonton might be thinking that he could use another year in junior hockey, and maybe a year or two in the AHL before he is ready for the NHL.

My point is best illustrated by his penalty shot last night. From the time the whistle blew, his penalty shot took about 7 minutes, because he was skating so slowly that i honestly thought that he might fall asleep before he reached the net. Obviously, he has been very successful in a CHL environment in the past, but I can't believe that his stock hasn't plummeted after this series.
He seems disinterested to me, for whatever reason. It looks like he doesn't want to be here, which is inexcusable for any game let alone ones where you're representing your country.

Macman is offline   Reply With Quote