View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 10:13 AM
hockeyfan1977

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
Steele and Hackett have been the best PEI players that I've seen play midget major this year. They would have to improve their skating if they want to make it in the Q. I haven't been impressed with any other PEI '97 yet. Steele and Hackett remind me of Damon McDonald and he wasn't drafted by a Q team but I could be wrong.

A few players from the NB teams that could be drafted are:

Fredericton- Deschenes, Vance, Paul, Tompkins, maybe Daley (sometimes inconsistent), and maybe Astle (he was highly regarded last year at the start of the season but wasn't drafted last year).

Moncton- Jacob, Belec, and maybe Richard (not sure if he's just riding Bradley's cottail or not).

Saint John- Bower and Leblanc

Miramichi- Theriault, Landry (not sure why he hasn't been drafted yet/he's NB's best Midget Major goalie), maybe Castonguay ( not drafted last year and I could see why but it isn't something to discuss on this forum), maybe Savoie (size could be his downfall), and maybe Beaulieu (skill is there but needs to be more aggressive).

A lot of Fredericton and Miramichi guys but they are the youngest teams so it should be expected. This is just my opinion. The Monctonian is coming up in two weeks so we can see which players get picked for the prospect game.

Hackett is listed as 5'9 and 200 and Morrison 5'9 210. They need to get in better shape if they ever want a chance and I would question their height they look shorter.

Last edited by hockeyfan1977: 11-15-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: mistake
hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote