Thread: Subway Series
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
With his size, character, and physicality he could be a bottom 6 professional at some point but he will need time in the system for sure. Not a natural but he could be a very important piece on a winning team in the future similar to a Jim Peplinski type.
I agree , Pepper is a pretty good comparison . I am a big first step quickness guy and have mentioned that he has some challenges in that regard , which can be improved through a lot of dilligent plyrometric training . I noticed he was slow with his stick a bit ,his hand quickness , especially in tight ,so it may be that he is still adjusting to his growing body. This isn't uncommon for someone his size of course and probably indicates he is several years from challenging for a bottom 6 spot in the NHL. That isn't a bad thing mind you , and you have to believe he will put in the requisite work and preparation to improve step by step , year by year.

He is going to be physically imposing to go with hockey smarts and being responsible defensively.

jetkarma is online now   Reply With Quote