View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 10:48 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Thank you for this post. Simms is getting unfairly killed for this innocuous comment. Simms has been a vocal supporter of Eli. He had a great line during the Steelers game that Eli was going to own all the Giants passing records although he might need to step up to break his (Simms) interception record.
Saying he's jealous doesnt match his character and demeanor when he played. Publicly, hee was a team-first guy through and through.

Simms has every right to be bitter towards Hostetler though. Any NFL coach will tell you that a starter doesnt lose his job because of injury. Handley picking Hostetler over Simms was a massive mistake.

I dont think Simms cares that Eli will break his records. In fact, there are a couple of Simms' records that Eli will never touch.

All that being said -- Eli deserves to be criticized. Simms is a member of the media who's just doing his job.

But it goes back to what I said earlier -- Eli is undoubtedly elite...he's just in a different class of elite. He will go down as one of the greatest pressure QB's in NFL history.

I think he likes it that way. I'd rather be an average regular season QB and ace the postseason than ace the regular season and have the reputation of a choker.