View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Yeah, I really don't understand the Leduc pick. Somerby is a more interesting prospect.
Even as an Islander, Zdeno Chara didn't look like much of a prospect.
Leduc is 6'6" and under 200lbs (when drafted), he's nothing now, compared to what he could develop into, one day.

I'm not endorsing any player or attempting to suggest the team "should have taken player X" - frankly, I don't see enough of the prospects to be able to make the call.

Of the players I DO SEE, there's ones that I feel will be great pros - but ranking one ahead of another, ESPECIALLY outside the top five overall, is pretty impossible - UNLESS we have the benefit of hindsight. (ie. Jeff Skinner)

It's a message board. Of course we all have favourites, opinions, and we should certainly discuss this stuff, especially in a lockout - no issue there.

But the Islanders chose Aaron Ness and Corey Trivino before Travis Hamonic.
All teams have such examples.
They make the call based on a lot more information than anyone on this board has and then it's up to the player, the commitment to improving, work ethic, hockey sense, luck and more luck.

I would have taken Couturier ahead of Strome, but that's only because I saw Couturier play more and he was really good. But what the heck do I know?!

Last edited by redbull: 11-15-2012 at 10:58 AM.