View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
I would prefer to not deal Kuli, but it isn't a deal breaker and I have agreed with you before on a protected first. I prefer to not deal Kuli not as to i think he is an untouchable, but i love his compete level. This is a guy who when his season drastically dropped production wise still worked his a$$ off every night and plays in the tough places. Do I see him as a perenial 30 goal guy? No, I feel he is a 20+ goal guy. I know there are those that will role there eyes at me cause i always refer to it as the right price, but when you have seen GM after GM mortgage the future I guess you get gun shy. I think from our previous discussions you can appreciate that.
I totally agree, but i wouldn't consider my proposal "mortgaging the future", i'd consider it an immediate upgrade both now and in the future. There is zero reason to believe that Luongo won't be a very good starter for another 4-5 years. That takes a pile of pressure off of our D and makes us relevant in the Eastern conference. I totally agree with your assesment of Kuli, love the guy, but if he brings us a legit starter that is way more important than his potential 20 goals. Why? Because a 20 goal winger is a dime a dozen (and as i said, i see JVR as an instant replacement). A true and proven starter is almost impossible to find...and not coincidentally, one of our BIGGEST NEEDS.