View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 11:23 AM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I can't wait to see all these stud Detroit prospects in the future. So far I've seen these comparisons:

Brendan Smith=Nicklas Lidstrom(with more physical play)
Gustav Nyquist=Pavel Datsyuk
Calle Jarnkrok=Henrik Zetterberg
Ryan Sproul=Shea Weber
Xavier Oullette=Ryan Suter
Teemu Pulkkinen=Brett Hull
Riley Sheahan=Johan Franzen/Ryan Kesler (late bloomer..just wait!)
Marek Tvrdon=Marian Hossa
Tomas Jurco=Pavel Datsyuk/Marian Hossa combo
Martin Frk=Teemu Pulkkinen=Brett Hull
Petr Mrazek=Dominik Hasek/Ed Belfour
Nick Jensen=Brendan Smith=Nicklas Lidstrom
Louis-Marc Aubry=Paul Gaustad/Martin Hanzal
Mitch Callahan=Chris Neil
Andreas Athanasiou=Darren Helm
Rasmus Brodin=the potential to be something we've yet to see in the NHL...best player of all time?

Wow..future looks bright. Not sure who Tomas Tatar is compared to but I'd guess a former Red Wing...Tatar is also Slovakian so he probably reminds me most of Marian Hossa, but smaller and faster and a better last name!

Imagine when Tomas McCollum finally becomes Chris Osgood and Jakub Kindl becomes Kimmo Timmonen and Jonathan Ericcson into Chris Pronger ...then this team will be really seriously good! Corey Emmerton is well on his way to being that top 6 scorer we were hoping for as well! The only bad thing is they lost future PPG player Jiri Hudler but the loss isn't as big as I pictured it being when he was a prospect...I figured he'd have multiple Hart Trophies by now.
I love it when uneducated people mistake STYLE for career potential.

If Smith plays like a guy like Brent Burns, that doesnt mean he's going to have a career like Burns it means he plays a similar style. For the record, most of those comparisons are about as asinine as they get. Kindl plays nothing like Timonen, Ericsson nothing like Pronger and Tatar is no where even close to resembling Hossa.

It's ok, your new at this.