View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 11:24 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
And let's not forget Gionta getting a face full of boards about 10 seconds before the major on Bernier. Any Kings fan bringing up the officiating can eat a dick. They were pretty good all series but I can't get over that 15 second sequence.
My rage kept snowballing throughout the duration of that penalty, though.
There was Kovy getting tackled at the blueline leading up to goal #3 and the linesman interfering with Volch leading to goal #4 that pushed me over the edge.

All that being said... the team did not play good enough to win and the loss was inevitable. Just a tough way to go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I've also been amused by people who say our defence was dominated by their forwards forechecking. That's nonsense, the reason we lost was because the Kings' defence was so good on the breakout and we couldn't set up our own forecheck offence.
That compressed 2-1-2 they set up in the defensive zone with all those short passes was incredible. I don't know if the team was too tired or too stubborn to adjust... but it was unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
RT @TSNResearch: Congratulations to Ilya Kovalchuk, he's the first player to lose $1m in the lockout (lost salary)

this made me lol for some reason
I can see him shrugging it off and thinking "i still got another $10 coming my way"

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote