View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Wingsfan2965*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Jim Nill didn't say that was ceiling. If I remember correctly, Jim Nill said Datsyuk will be a nice 2nd line play maker... now he's one of the best (if not the best) centers in the world...
Hmm...

Quote:
And I'm not saying this because I am a homer, I am saying this because that is his ACTUAL projected ceiling was said by Jim Nill and HF rankings.
Quote:
So Datsyuk's ceiling was a 2nd line center, but now he's one of the best all-star centers we've ever watched play the game... Proves ceiling and projection are meaningless.

If Franzen can become a first line scoring winger, then no doubt Sheahan's ceiling can become a first line powerforward... But I am with HF and Jim Nill, Sheahan will be a 2nd line scoring (2-way) powerforward.
You're clearly not following what is being said here, I never said Sheahan couldn't be a big player. Sure, he could be the best player ever. And now I revert back to what I said earlier, you didn't say "could be" and you didn't say "might be", you said "will be". Those were YOUR words.

Quote:
And if Holland ships Sheahan out, he may as well pack B. Smith up with him, because Smith also has drinking issues under his belt.... You want Holland to firesale off any prospect that got in trouble for drinking?
Smith has only had one incident, and I've said from the start of the thread that if he doesn't get his act together he would and should be. In other words if it becomes a recurring problem.

Quote:
Sheahan and Avery are two completely different beasts. Comparing the two is like comparing Hitler to Bush. One is a complete AZZHOLE, the other is a MORON.
Avery wasn't traded because he was an *******, he was traded because he got drunk and trashed Chelios' house.

Quote:
EDIT: Didn't Holland offer Fedorov another contract AFTER he got his DUI??? Just sayin'
1. Going back to that reoccurring problem thing...

2. Sergei Fedorov vs. Riley Sheahan, let me think about that one.

Last edited by slocal: 11-15-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: personal