View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Brendan Smith=Nicklas Lidstrom(with more physical play)
Gustav Nyquist=Pavel Datsyuk
Calle Jarnkrok=Henrik Zetterberg
Ryan Sproul=Shea Weber
Xavier Oullette=Ryan Suter
Teemu Pulkkinen=Brett Hull
Riley Sheahan=Johan Franzen/Ryan Kesler (late bloomer..just wait!)
Marek Tvrdon=Marian Hossa
Tomas Jurco=Pavel Datsyuk/Marian Hossa combo
Martin Frk=Teemu Pulkkinen=Brett Hull
Petr Mrazek=Dominik Hasek/Ed Belfour
Nick Jensen=Brendan Smith=Nicklas Lidstrom
Louis-Marc Aubry=Paul Gaustad/Martin Hanzal
Mitch Callahan=Chris Neil
Andreas Athanasiou=Darren Helm
Rasmus Brodin=the potential to be something we've yet to see in the NHL...best player of all time?

Wow..future looks bright. Not sure who Tomas Tatar is compared to but I'd guess a former Red Wing...Tatar is also Slovakian so he probably reminds me most of Marian Hossa, but smaller and faster and a better last name!
  • Smith isn't even a similar player to Lidstrom. That's a really weird comment.
  • Nyquist plays LIKE Datsyuk was the comment. That is, you can see elements of Datsyuk's style in Nyquist's play. I wonder if it has anything to do with Nyquist wearing #13 this year in Grand Rapids too. But Nyquist will be by no means as good a player at Datsyuk. Maybe not half the player.
  • Jarnkrok, again, plays LIKE Zetterberg. He's going to be a good player, but nowhere near the overall player Zetterberg has become.
  • Sproul plays LIKE Weber. Sort of. Minus the crazy physical game.
  • Ouellet doesn't really play like Suter, but I don't think a Wings fan made that comment.
  • I don't think Pulkkinen will make the NHL.
  • The Sheahan/Franzen comparison came straight from Jim Nill, who I trust more about scouting and development than anybody on these forums.
  • Tvrdon/Jurco: jury's out on these two, but I don't think either is all that close to Hossa in playstyle.
  • Frk must be like Brett Hull minus the shot, but plus roids. His tendency for taking bad penalties is amusing and ridiculous.
  • Mrazek is going to be a great goalie. The best goalie of all time? I doubt it.
  • Aubry IMO could easily become a Gaustad type player. He's such a later bloomer it's ridiculous. If we went by physical maturity, his draft year would have been like... last year.
  • Jensen has really intriguing potential. I don't think it's fair to dismiss him as not having Smith potential. Of course, neither player will be anything like Lidstrom.

Mostly you lumped together "plays like" with "will be like." Of course, I think it was an intentional straw man. Very funny.