Old
11-15-2012, 12:59 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
I don't think this Organization can trade JP just like that. From a Marketing point of view and a fan point of view hes not going anywhere or it's not so simple to just trade him for anybody.
So if we do trade a catcher one of the other catchers might go and not JP that's what i believe.
There are only two players on this team that have marketing profiles big enough to give management pause if they considered trading them: Bautista & Lawrie. And even in those two cases, if the deal that came along was right and could justify the loss of them, it would still get done.

In terms of marketing and fan interest, success trumps individual star power every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
It's my understanding, that is the reason Darvish signed in Texas because of the taxes, even though we had the best offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Possibly your right but I read somewhere that taxation was a big factor and at the time.
No, it quite literally can't be. As soon as Texas won the posting bid (a sealed process based entirely on being the highest dollar figure submitted), they were the only team he could sign with. The tax situation in Toronto vs Texas was completely irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
can someone sticky or change title thread once we know its "official" and maybe a time for the presser?

thanks
I plan to.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.