Thread: Proposal: Hemsky has his value gone up?
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
The point I was trying to get across is that those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks. No one cares about first round exits, over half the teams in the league get in. The only team prizes worth mentioning are conference banners and cups, and the Habs havent touched either for 20 years. Some fans (read: the poster I quoted) take every shot they can at the Oilers, and really shouldnt be doing so considered that their team is a mess as well.

Also, sure, it may be an anomaly to finish 3rd overall. That said, you're splitting hairs if you're distiguishing much between "we sucked so bad we finished in the lottery" and "we sucked so bad we finished in the bottom 10". There really isnt much of a difference.

Back on topic. Hemsky has to show he can still play at a high level in the NHL before he will be worth what a player of his skill should be worth. He's still an excellent player, and I think actually playing with some other skilled forwards while being healthy will bring out the best in him.
Except I wasn't taking a shot at the Oilers, I was merely stating a fact. You were taking a shot at the Habs by saying the team's trending towards being bottom-feeders. Also, the Habs don't typically finish in the bottom 10 as opposed to the bottom 3 (2008: 3rd best record in the NHL, 2010: Conference Finals appearance), so I fail to see how I'm splitting hairs in that regard.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote