View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
And with Dumba, the staff either needs to get him to settle down, or sit him down a shift, and explain to him that he has 4 other guys to work with.

He took a good number of low percentage shots yesterday, trying to do too much, rather than dishing to someone in a better position.
I noticed the EXACT same thing about Dumba. I'm really not a big fan of his game (not basing this off of last night). I don't think his style will translate to the NHL well. Scouts know more than I, so obviously they see something in his game that I don't, since he was a top-ten pick.

I was blown away by Shinkaruk last night. Such a noticeable player. I had only seen highlights of him before and I wasn't overly impressed, but if last night is any indication, highlights don't do him justice. Great player. Seems to be a raw talent, but he's got all of the tools to be a great player in the NHL.

I thought Pulock was okay. He had flashes where he looked really solid. He's another raw prospect. He reminds me of Suter, and man, he looks HUGE out there. Seems like he'd be a great partner for Rielly in the future, so if we draft him, no complaints.

And fellas, let's take it easy on underrating Yakupov. Every time he touches the puck he's dangerous. Guy is a lock to be a really solid NHL'er. That being said, I don't think he's a very good play-maker.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote