View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
While this strike is insulting to the fans..I'm not sure how if you are a diehard hockey fan you won't watch hockey or less of it when it resumes? I'm just a bit baffled but then again I really enjoy watching the sport regardless.

Having said all this, def the losers in all of this are the fans and the workers at the stadiums etc. A coworker of mine works part time at night at the Wells Fargo Center doing concerts, the Flyers, Sixers etc and he's losing out on about 400 bucks per mo b/c of the strike. He's got 6 kids (don't ask why) and a wife that doesn't work (raising 6 kids is work of course) and literally has a family to feed...
I love hockey, but its just a sport. There's other hobbies I can have, or things I can do with my free time. I was a die hard Eagles fan for most of my life, but I've watched like one full game in the past 3 seasons. If you told me 3 years ago that that would be the case, I would have said you were insane. I mean I used to watch the draft when I was like 10 lol.

I'm not saying I'd never watch hockey again, but I definitely don't know if I'd watch much, or any of the first year after a full season lockout. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be going to any games anytime soon.