View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Well, he might not be top 5. But he's close.

Who are the top 5?
Casillas, Buffon and Neuer seem to be wildly regarded as the top-3, and I suppose I'd agree.

I haven't been watching enough from Italy, Spain or France to make comments about any goalies there, I'll admit right away. Last I did see him, Lloris seemed better as well, to me. In England, I feel like DeGea isn't worse. And quite honestly, within Germany and our tradition of popping out quality goalkeepers, there's Adler who I'd definitely take over him, and a handful of guys (Leno, ter Stegen, Ullreich, Trapp and Baumann) that I don't see being far enough worse to consider giving him "top-5 in the world" consideration.

It just appears that with the troubled history of goaltending in England, having an actually good one for a change blows people's minds, to a degree. I fully acknowledge the chance that I'm wrong on him, maybe I'm misled by limited viewings and some certainly over-the-top critics of other English clubs getting to mention too many perceived blunders. It's entirely possible. But I certainly haven't seen "it".

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote