View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Oh, no argument there. I absolutely love the way he's playing. But I think Gallagher looks better. His tenacity and ability to drive the net are just amazing. And yeah, they're definitely all lacking consistency, that's for sure. Even the supposed "veterans" haven't really helped this team much.

That said, to me, Gallagher has impressed me more and well... I added Geoffrion to the list because he's the leading scorer and he was playing rather well the last few games, but there's only a one-point difference and Holland sure looks more talented out there, so let's call it even. That said, I forgot about one guy: Dumont. I think he's been very important to the Dogs.

Regardless, my point was only that I think it's a stretch to call Holland Hamilton's best player. He does look like the most skilled on the ice, but there's much more to a hockey player. He's been a very nice surprise, that's for sure.
I guess it depends what games you watch and what your expecations are. For me, with Gallagher after back to back to back 40+ goal seasons, I expected him to be among the top forwards. The problem is that in the 11 games he's played he's been held pointless in 7, so while he's getting tons of chances as he will shoot from anywhere the lack of consistency sticks out more with him imo.

Holland has had his own problems with just 1 pt in the last 6 games but the way he's played has impressed me more as smarts are something you can't teach. But to be fair I wasn't expecting all that much from him since I didn't really know too much about him.